Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Right Idea at the Wrong Time is not a Right Idea

I am not known to pontificate on a comment to a blog post, however this one comes from my friend China Gorman on another friends blog (Laurie Ruettimann) http://thecynicalgirl.com/overcoming-rejection/  and is worth a couple of minutes...

The blog post was actually about rejection. Timing is different...I have commented all along that some folks can have it all, just not all at once. as far at the right idea, I have had several with mixed results. For one I always wanted to teach college, but was obstructed for a decade between my F.I.T. days and Adelphi primarily due to heavy travel and lack of control over my own schedule. The thing is it never stopped being the right idea. It was timing that was a roadblock .

It's not in the same bucket as rejection if we continue to desire and work towards it. We just need to figure out the roadblocks or obstructions and then either remove them or work around them...

Sometimes we come up with great ideas that just need a different game plan to execute on...

No comments: