Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Same Old Lang Syne

I heard Dan Fogelsberg's holiday classic on the radio this morning as I was doing my holiday Facebook check...Giving and receiving quick messages to friends and family. It made me a little melancholy as it reminded me of my time at college when the song came out. I went to the Facebook group page to check out the activity, which I haven't looked at in months.
For me college was one of the best times of my life. I had no idea what I would be doing when I graduated and to be honest, I didn't really care. I was living for the moment and every day was a new and exciting adventure. Sometimes for just a moment I wish I could go back. Of course you can't, however with Facebook you get to relive a few minutes in pictures and posts...
We used to go to one bar every Friday night called McGuinnes in downtown New Paltz and every time a little after midnight they would play American Pie and the whole bar would sing the chorus.

It was Great...one of those things you just never forget.

You always wonder WHAT IF...what if you made different choices back then...

Of course we live with our choices and I can say personally its all worked out...

So with that I will sign off for now and wish anyone reading this blog a happy and healthy holiday season!

No comments: