Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bad Teammates Part 1...

Its easy to share stories about bad employees in HR, and even easier to dish about bad bosses. The tough one is bad teammates.
When you work in HR, trusting your team is critical to success and sometimes can be your down fall.
Again no names or specifics as this one is way to close to home...

The first one goes back a while, no one trusted our boss and unfortunately some felt I was loyal to that same person...big dilemma...Should you or shouldn't you...rumours swirled...none of them true...I rarely had a lunch mate except for the non-HR folks who were brave enough to hang with me...terrible when your own team doesn't trust you...

Bad teammate 2 wanted my job so bad they went to great lengths to get it...this one is a book so we will come back to it...oh and they almost did get my job...

The poisoned staff. Unfortunately I inherited them, some lacked EQ, some IQ, some were just down right vicious...and then there were a few good caring ones sprinkled in...Every day was a challenge, and imagine being questioned by junior team members on the most mundane actions...look up the term "toxic"...see their picture attached...sad thing is they are good execs... the only relief was watching them fight with each other...and then come to me to play referee...this group is probably reading this as I type...don't bother complaining as you always did...look in the mirror and man up....
and to think I love HR

No comments: