Monday, January 13, 2014

Why do Corporate Recruitment Sites Suck?

For that matter why do recruitment software applications suck?
Have you ever gone on a corporate website and tried to navigate filling out an application. The average experience takes about 20 minutes. It usually starts with downloading a resume. Its down hill from there!
First off why do we need a password and logon?
The typical job searcher is targeting one job, that's it...all they want to do is leave their resume and contact info...and if necessary a link to their linkedin page...
1/2 the time it asks you to repopulate what's on your resume. Then it penalizes you for  not filling in some ridiculous data...Usually with some red highlighted message that tells you  that you can't go on without fixing the problem...
All the years I did recruitment at the Limited and Leviton I wanted three things: a resume, a phone # and an email...when did things get so complicated?
If I were an HR software company I would make the experience as simple as possible, link a resume, click submit...and have the software pull the appropriate data (scrape it) from the resume...For that matter if I was running HR for any of these companies I would demand it...
I don't buy the company wants all the information twice...

Something is very wrong....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mark,

You are so right! Submitting a resume can be hellish and at times I have gotten frustrated enough to just give up.

All lose when the sites are difficult.

Pam